The Canadian Council of the Blind
The Canadian Council of the Blind (CCB) is looking for an accountant that is responsible for the daily accounting, the annual budget and all financial reporting for the National Charity, located in Ottawa, ON.
- All payable/receivable entries
- Deposits, Bank Reconciliations, Cash Flow reports
- Payroll (including government remittances)
- Budgets for organization including, programs and grants, as well as updating projections.
- Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly closing journal entries (accruals, government and tax remittances etc)
- Financial Statement preparation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Post Secondary education in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Two or more years experience in a similar role
- Experience in Quickbooks or other accounting software would be considered an asset
- Strong Excel skills and familiar with Microsoft Word
- Strong english verbal and written communication skills
The Canadian Council of the Blind is a registered Canadian charity that is governed by a board of directors who are blind or visually impaired. The council has membership based chapters across the company who work on core programs of advocating for the Blind and visually impaired community, and activities that promote the inclusion and guard against the isolation of blind and visually impaired persons. This position is based in the National office in Ottawa, ON where there are approximately 10 full time employees.
If interested please email your cover letter and resume to Mary Ellen Durkee, firstname.lastname@example.org