Opened on June 4, 2021 and will close on August 31, 2021.
The Government of Canada is consulting Canadians on how to improve the lives of Canadians with disabilities. Your feedback will support the development of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan.
The Disability Inclusion Action Plan will focus on:
- reducing poverty among Canadians with disabilities
- getting more persons with disabilities into good quality jobs
- helping meet the Accessible Canada Act goal of a barrier-free Canada by 2040
- making it easier for persons with disabilities to access federal programs and services
- fostering a culture of inclusion
How to participate
Share your ideas online
Please complete the online survey.
Participate by mail or video
You can also print, complete and mail the survey by August 31, 2021 to the address in the contact information below.
- Survey – Disability Inclusion Action Plan (PDF, 361.1 KB)
You can also submit an ASL or LSQ video of your responses to the email address in the contact information below.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We invite all Canadians to participate in this consultation. We want to hear from:
- persons with a disability
- organizations working with persons with a disability
- caregivers or family members of persons with a disability
- persons identifying as First Nations, Inuk (Inuit), Métis or Indigenous
- members of racialized groups, the LGBTQ2 community or an official language minority community
- all Canadians
Key questions for discussion
The survey asks questions about:
- financial security
- disability-inclusive spaces
- a modern approach to disability
Disability Inclusion Action Plan
Employment and Social Development Canada
140 Promenade du Portage, Phase IV
Gatineau QC K1A 0J9
Email: [email protected]